Make Sure Your Defibrillator Will Work at Crunch Time
Defibrillators save lives – that is, if they are functioning properly. Like any piece of medical equipment, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on a defibrillator to make sure it will work when a medical emergency arises.
By spending just a few minutes a month looking over the medical device, you can ensure it will be ready to go at crunch time. Below, we’ve shared an automated external defibrillator (AED) checklist, courtesy of the American Heart Association.
AED Automatic External Defibrillator
- Make sure the placement is visible and unobstructed and near a phone.
- Verify that the battery has been installed properly.
- Check the status/service indicator light.
- Note the absence of visual/audible service alarm.
- Inspect the exterior components and sockets for cracks.
AED Defibrillator Supplies
- Make sure there are two sets of AED pads in sealed packaging.
- Check the expiration date on the pad packages.
- Make sure there is a pocket mask with one-way valve.
- Make sure there are examination gloves, razors, and absorbent gauze or hand towels.
Find Defibrillator Rentals at AED Consulting Services
AED Consulting Services, LLC is a nationwide leader for AED rentals, consulting and program management. We offer AED rental for any time period, short term, or long term.
Whether you need to rent for 1 day or for years, we have your solution. Experience our great customer service and see why our customers return year after year. We are happy to share our client references.
AED Consulting’s goal is to protect you with personalized services. The presence of an AED rental offers peace of mind and could save a life in the event of cardiac arrest. We are experienced in working with event planners for special events, summer camp, or anywhere else to ensure the right equipment is provided, as well as proper training to use it. Our repeat customers know we cover all the bases, making AED rental from AED Consulting a wise choice.
Prompt defibrillation has proven to be critical in effectively addressing cardiac arrest and cannot be under-emphasized. AED Consulting Services has created some of the most unique AED programs in the country.
Our programs are based on the standards set by the federal government as they deployed more than 2000 AEDs worldwide. We are the experts in the industry.
Learn more about AED Consulting Services rentals by clicking here.
You can also visit AED Consulting Services at Rent It Today.