Camping is one of our all-time favorite past times. Camping in the fall is even better. The cooler temperatures combined with beautiful scenery, make the fall the best time of the year to hang out around the campfire and sleep outdoors. If you’ve never gone camping in the fall and aren’t sure what you’ll need, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve shared a list of essentials, courtesy of outdoor gear retailer Eastern Mountain Sports. Have fun out there!
- Hot Beverage Accessories: A hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa is a quick way to warm your core. Be sure to bring plenty of tea bags, cocoa packets, and instant coffee. You can also bring a press or other accessories to “brew your favorite bean.”
- Headlamp or Lantern: The only thing more important than a good light source for putting your tent up at night is keeping both hands free to work. That’s why a headlamp which uses LED lights is a great tool. For area lighting, LED lanterns are safe and convenient.
- Sleeping Bag: This time of the year, the 40 degree sleeping bag you were using all summer won’t get the job done. A sleeping back between zero and 20 degrees is best during fall and if you’re car camping be sure to bring an extra blanket.
- Sleeping Pad: You’re probably not backpacking so bring the thickest, biggest, self-inflating pad you can which provides cushioning and insulates you from the cold ground.
- Duffel Bag: For a fall camping trip, you’ll need more gear, clothes, and food so a durable duffel bag or two is essential.
Camping Equipment Rentals at Rent It Today
Looking to unplug this weekend and enjoy some time bonding with Mother Nature? Get your camping gear at Rent It Today! The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can connect you with providers of rental camping equipment including tents, cookware, and other camping essentials in your area or near your destination.
To browse a list of available equipment, visit www.rentittoday.com!