Everyone knows that fall is the perfect time of the year to throw a wedding, but we’re willing to bet that many couples shy away from a Halloween celebration. For those of you who are a little quirky and dare to be different, however, we’ve shared a list of stylish Halloween wedding ideas, courtesy of the wedding experts at The Knot. Congratulations and happy planning!
- Antique Dress Details: The Knot recommends trying touches of color and antique embellishments, such as a dark-hued sash cinched at the waist and brooch when thinking about the dress. Other things to consider for even more flair include a black-net birdcage veil, a pair of to-the-wrist gloves, or antique jewelry.
- Victorian Updos: A slightly mussed Victorian-style wedding updo is a great look, but if you want to wear your hair down have your stylist create a loose half-up style with long, flowing curls pulled back with an antique bejeweled hairpin, says The Knot.
- Dramatic Makeup: Use a slightly darker eyeliner or lipstick color to keep your makeup sophisticated. Avoid going overboard, however, and choose juts one area to highlight, according to the article.
- Luxe Bridesmaid Dresses: The Knot recommends outfitting your maids in rich, deep hues like dark purple, black or navy. To add just the right hint of enigma to their look, consider capelets, shawls, cameo chokers, or sheer scarves.
- Funky Formalwear: If the wedding is formal, have the gentlemen wear tails or swallowtail coats. Striped black and white or red and black socks are a fun touch.
For the rest of fun Halloween wedding style ideas, click here to read the article from The Knot in its entirety.
Where Can I Rent Wedding Supplies?
Planning a wedding and in need of decorations, video equipment, lighting equipment, or a limo? Rent It Today has a solution. The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can put you in touch with rental providers in your area. For more information or to view a list of available rental items for weddings, visit Rent It Today.