Anyone who owns a pet would admit they consider their furry friend part of the family. That’s why when it comes to weddings, more and more couples are looking to include their pets in their wedding plans. To help make sure your pet can join in on the celebration in comfort and style, we’ve shared a list of tips from the experts at Petsmart, courtesy of the Poughkeepsie Journal.
- Put your pet to work: Think about ways for your pet to participate in the fun. Is he/she a member of the wedding party? A ring bearer or flower girl? You also want to give your pet a rehearsal run to make sure they are up for the task.
- Choose a fur kid-friendly venue: If pets are welcome at the venue, make sure they’ll also be safe. For example, you may want to avoid freshly fertilized lawns and plants as well as flowers that could be toxic. Find out where they can roam and where they need to be on a leash. Try to get sneak peek of the venue if possible.
- Don’t make pets suffer for fashion: The experts recommend going with a stylish pup-friendly ensemble made of lightweight, breathable materials. Check out the Martha Stewart Petswedding collection for sophisticated wedding attire and accessories.
- Pamper your pet: Don’t skimp on pampering for your pooch. Think oxygen-infused baths, a haircut, a nail trim, and decorative stenciling. Let your groomer work their magic for the big day.
- Keep everyone fed: Serve your pet food in a portable bowl and bring treats. Be sure the human dinner menu doesn’t have anything harmful to pets and be sure to provide fresh water or a large block of ice to keep your pet hydrated throughout the ceremony.
Where Can I Rent Wedding Supplies?
Planning a wedding and in need of decorations, video equipment, lighting equipment, or a limo? Rent It Today has a solution. The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can put you in touch with rental providers in your area. For more information or to view a list of available rental items for weddings, visit www.rentittoday.com!