Retirement is still a long way off for me personally (in fact, I’m not quite sure anyone my age will ever be able to retire), but it’s definitely something my parents and their friends talk about often. While there are many benefits of retiring in the Midwest, it’s hard to beat the weather and perks of other places further south and west such as Florida and Arizona. While the best places to retire in Florida have been well-documented, I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight some of the best places for seniors to retire in Arizona.
Below, we’ve shared a list of some of these popular spots, courtesy of Eric Neumann for Movoto.com. Enjoy!
- Tuscon: Offering a low cost of living and low crime ranking, Tuscon also has plenty of amenities and events for seniors including the Tuscon Rodeo, the Folk Festival, and All Souls Procession Weekend. Plus, the airport is just 10 miles from the center of the city.
- Nogales: In Nogales, there are plenty of food and shopping options for seniors and retirees and the median summer low is 77 degrees. Another perk? Nogales is a border city so Mexico is just a short trip away.
- Yuma: A beautiful city, Yuma has plenty of art and music festivals and other fun events to keep retirees busy. It also has a low cost of living, plenty of amenities (including four branch libraries) and is just five miles from an international airport.
- Prescott Valley: Featuring great weather and above average air quality, Prescott Valley is a great place to escape the hot and dry Arizona climate. This area also has a low cost of living and low crime rate.
- Scottsdale: In Scottsdale, festivals and fun are a big part of the city’s culture. One of the state’s largest cities, Scottsdale offers plenty of amenities including film festivals, fashion shows, and plenty of museums. It is expensive, but the number of perks more than make up for the higher cost of living.
Facing Mobility Challenges? Southwest Mobility Has a Solution
If you have a little trouble getting around but still want to enjoy your retirement, Southwest Mobility has the solution. Specializing in the mobility needs of customers in Arizona since 1989, Southwest Mobility has a large selection of mobility and medical equipment for rent from some of the best manufacturers in the industry.
From scooters and wheelchairs to powerchairs and walkers, Southwest Mobility has the equipment you need to follow your favorite golfer on the course or get around the city of Scottsdale. Committed to superior customer service, Southwest Mobility offers in-home demonstrations at no extra charge and free in-state delivery.
To browse available equipment for rent, you can stop by one of their two retail locations in Arizona, or view a product list on the company’s page here!