Running a small business can be a challenge in the ever-evolving world of social media. Most entrepreneurs have come to embrace the internet as a safe haven for their client base, but there are still stragglers trying to catch up with the rest of small businesses, which is completely fine. We’re just human and honestly, you can fry your brain pretty quickly trying to focus on the carousel of SEO theories that get bounced back and forth by internet search engine gurus on a weekly basis.
Believe it or not, it’s not enough to just have a website these days. Mobile devices have come to surpass desktop web searches in 2014, and that number will continue to grow as more people adopt smartphones into their daily routines. Basically, the majority of industrialized nations have opted to carry a PC around in their palm 24/7, which makes customer relations very direct.
The good news is that by building a mobile app or mobile webpage version of your main webpage, you can increase the amount of web-traffic going to your website. With 52% of all local searches done on mobile phones and nine out of 10 mobile searches ending in a purchase–the opportunity to net customers has become wider than ever.
In 2014, Rent It Today’s website views tallied up to 40% mobile and 11% tablet. That’s over half of our total page-views coming from mobile clicks. These are number that are very comparable to what other small businesses are encountering. Especially since mobile search has grown five times in the past two years alone. Rent It Today has recently revamped the mobile web version of our site to make it simpler and more convenient for mobile device using customers to find what they need as fast as possible. Go ahead and give it a try on your mobile device! Please let us know what you think.
Rules for Building a Mobile Webpage:
- Does It Fit? – The layout of your desktop version of the webpage will be different than the mobile. If you have information that sits off of the screen in the mobile version, you’ll need to discuss effective ways of trimming the fat from your existing web presence to allow information to be displayed on modern cellphone screens.
- Simplicity – The mobile website should not have loads of information. The reason you’re being searched through a mobile device is for fast convenience. When it comes to mobile devices (and modern society in general), the commonly accepted rule is “less is more”.
- User-Friendly Interface – Smartphones and tablets operate with touchscreen technology. If you have several drop down menus on the mobile version, you’re likely going to frustrate visitors to your site. Don’t place links and buttons too close to each other because navigating the site on a mobile device will be arduous.
- Scale to Fit Screen – Research the popular screen sizes used by modern cellphone and tablet suppliers. Your mobile page should fit as many commonly used screens as possible.
- Speed – If your mobile webpage visitor cannot activate a link within five seconds of clicking it, they’re going to move on.
Market Your Rental Business Through Rent It Today
Having doubts about tackling this task on your own? Rent It Today provides services that assist you in navigating the uncharted waters of today’s internet marketing for small business owners. Rent It Today simplifies the rental process for both customers: the “rental company” and the “renter”. Our goal is to make the marriage between both parties as smooth as possible.