Unless you’ve lived under a rock the last few weeks, you know that football season is underway. If you’re a fan of high school football, college action, the NFL or all of the above, this is undoubtedly your favorite time of the year. While most prefer to take in the action from the comforts of their own home, there are many who love to turn game day into an all day party outside their team’s stadium.
New to tailgating? Don’t worry. To help you get ready for a party in the parking lot, we’ve shared a few tips from the experts at The Daily Meal below. Have fun!
- Do your research: Be sure to understand the stadium rules beforehand and know when and where you are going to meet up with your friends. You might also want to look into reserved parking spots if you’re able to afford it.
- Show some pride: Celebrate your team with a festive tablecloth and wear your team’s jersey and hat. Feeling extra prideful? Go ahead and paint your face or body your team’s colors. Regardless of what you decide to put or paint on, expect some ribbing from the opposing team’s fans. It’s all part of the experience.
- Get the essentials: A portable grill, plenty of charcoal, a large cooler, and folding chairs are essential goods for a tailgate. Forgetting any of them could mean disaster.
- Bring plenty of food: Sharing food and drinks is common at tailgates so be sure to have enough for your party and your tailgate neighbors. Also, have plenty of snacks on hand as well for people to munch on while the main course is cooking.
- Mingle: Tailgating is a culture so step away from your party and get out and socialize with new people and talk about the game. Make friends!
Rent Tailgating Gear at Rent It Today
Looking to rent a tailgate trailer, grill, sporting goods, tent, or other equipment for the big game? Check out www.totaltailgating.com or browse a list of products on Rent It Today, the most comprehensive rental resource online!