Don’t look now, but summer is almost over. If you haven’t had a chance to let loose, get to it because you’re running out of time. To help you prep for your outdoor party, we’ve shared a few tips from Glenn Haege of The Detroit News below. Now, go on – and get jiggy with it.
- Make sure your outdoor space is party-ready by doing a quick cleaning of the outdoor furniture. For resin furniture, Haege recommends Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner. For surface dirt, go with Simple Green.
- Clear your deck or patio of debris by using a leaf blower to rid the surface of excess dirt. For PVC or composite decks, use a soft-bristled brush and a mild cleaner like Krudkutter or SuperDeck Wood and Composite Deck Cleaner.
- Mosquitoes can be pain in the neck (literally) so Haege suggests ridding the property of any standing water and keeping the grass cut short. If you have a pool or fountain, Haege recommends Mosquito Bits and Mosquito Dunks by Summit Chemical to kill mosquito larvae. You can also use an oscillating fan to knock down flying insects while keeping your guests cool.
- The grill is king. Make sure it’s clean by using a portable vacuum or compressed air to clear debris and spider webs. Next, Haege says to clean the grill grates by covering them with aluminum foil and heating the grill on high for 20 minutes before using a wire brush to clean the grates. Also be sure to have an extra propane tank and fire extinguisher on hand just in case.
- Turn on your iPod and crank up the volume on your outdoor speakers. You’re ready to party.
Find Picnic Party Rentals in Philadelphia
Throwing a huge outdoor gathering in the Philadelphia area? Let Rent It Today help! Whether you are looking for a tent rental or tables and chairs, Rent It Today is your go-to source for event supplies and equipment. The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can help connect you with rental companies across the country. For more information or to browse available listings, visit www.rentittoday.com!