To be honest, I’m not much of a partier. In fact, the last party I attended was my grandma’s 90th birthday party. With that being said, I’m probably not the go-to expert when it comes to planning an event or extravaganza. Thankfully, there are a lot of experts out there who are willing to share some advice with novices like me.
Whether you are more of the DIY type or would prefer to bring in a pro, here are some tips from the website Gambit to ensure your party is one for the ages. Party on!
Tips for DIY Party Planning
- Be realistic: Not all ideas are easy or inexpensive so choose three things you love the most and do them well instead of a doing a million different things with mediocrity.
- Make a plan and stick to it: Do as much as you can in advance of the party as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help: The money you spend trying to pull everything together on your own can add up so consider hiring an event planner or caterer who can often get you better prices with vendors.
- Always keep your original idea in mind: Don’t settle for decorations, food, etc. that don’t match your theme.
Tips for Hiring a Party Planner
- Allow adequate time for planning: Give yourself a minimum of three months for most events. The more lead time a planner has, the better job they are more likely to do.
- Do your homework: Make sure you do your due diligence before hiring a planner. Ask for pricing, experience, and whether they have a specialty before making a commitment.
- Ask for references: Request three or more references. You might also want to check with the venue who often has a list of planners they recommend.
Find Party Rentals in Cincinnati, OH
Throwing a big soiree? Let Rent It Today help! Whether you are looking for a tent rental or tables and chairs, Rent It Today is your go-to source for event supplies and equipment. The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can help connect you with rental companies across the country. For more information or to browse available listings, visit www.rentittoday.com!