When you hear someone talk about taking a vacation to Florida, a lot of different places are mentioned: Disney World, Panama City Beach, Miami, Orlando, Daytona, Naples, Destin, Fort Lauderdale, amongst others. Rarely, however, does anyone talk about visiting Jacksonville. Although it lacks the sexiness of South Beach and the tranquility of the Florida Keys, Jacksonville is a beautiful, family-friendly destination with many wonderful attractions that won’t cost you a penny.
So how can one on a tight budget have a little fun in Jacksonville? Here is a list of free things to do in the city courtesy of About.com:
- Visit Jacksonville’s Parks: With over 80,000 acres of parks, Jacksonville operates the largest outdoor urban park center in the entire country. In all, the city is home to over 250 parks including Hemming Plaza, the city’s first, and the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve near Ft. Caroline.
- Visit the Beach: Rated as the most popular in the U.S. by The Daily Beast, Jacksonville’s beaches offer free parking and host free events such as concerts and festivals throughout the year.
- Downtown Art Walk: One of the city’s most popular events, the Downtown Art Walk which is centered around Hemming Plaza, is held the first Wednesday of the month from 5-9p.
- Museums and More: Jacksonville’s museums, including the Museum of Contemporary Art, MOSH, and the Cummer Museum of Art, are top notch and offer special promotions to visitors.
- Movies in the Park: A seasonal event, Movies in the Park is takes place in Treaty Park. Held in the spring, the event is free and runs for four consecutive weeks.
Medical Equipment Rentals in Jacksonville, Florida
Looking forward to spending quality time in Jacksonville but could use a little help getting around the city? We can help! From mobility products such as wheelchairs, hospital bed, and mobility scooter to support bars and handle controls, Rent It Today will help you find the rental items you or a loved one needs to make life easier.
Find Medical Equipment rental in the Jacksonville, Fl region by clicking here.