Regardless of the time year, it’s always trade show season. Each year, thousands of shows are held in the U.S. that highlight the latest and greatest products and services across hundreds of different industries. Collectively, the shows are attended by well over a million guests and tens of thousands of vendors.
As is the case with most industries, the trade show industry is not immune to various trends. To identify current trade show trends and get an overview of the industry’s health, we turn to the folks at the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) whose latest research was unveiled in a recent article by Rachel Wimbley for Trade Show News Network.
Here is a summary of CEIR’s findings:
- The industry is still growing, albeit at a slow and steady rate.
- Exhibit space is exceeding current demand so organizers should look to create other revenue streams as a result.
- Some organizers are so risk averse as a result of the latest recession that they aren’t making any moves. CEIR says it’s important to evolve with the times.
- Organizers are in the business of relationship selling. Therefore, they should be meeting with their largest exhibitors AND attendees each year.
- The trend of “mega-shows” is dying. Smaller, “cozier” events are the future.
- Exhibitors want to pay for results rather than just write checks and value quality over quantity when it comes to booth visitors.
- Other trends include fewer exclusives, free Wi-fi in public areas, and partial space re-purposing.
- Everyone needs to embrace technology and integrate it into their exhibitions.
Rent It Today Can Help Your Business Stand Out
Is your company planning on exhibiting at trade shows this year and in need of a trade show display, table top banner stand, or portable displays? Rent It Today can help! Click here to visit our promotional rentals page.