Well, winter is close to being over and there’s no better time to start planning your 2016 vacation than right now. Whether you are planning to stay stateside or travel out of the country, it’s always good to be in the know when it comes to booking a trip. To help bring you up to speed on travel in 2016, we’ve shared a list of the top five travel trends for the year, courtesy of AAA Travel. Have fun!
- Going Solo: AAA says that while the travel market hasn’t always been friendly to solo travelers, things are changing. For instance, many cruise lines have waived or reduced single supplements on some sailings and the extra fee has been waived by some escorted vacations.
- Multigenerational Travel: On the flip side are those families that want to travel together as a large party. Travel vendors are “jumping to entice grandparents” to bring the grandkids along which means families and friends can now bundle cabins and rooms as a group and get extra amenities.
- Cultural Immersion: AAA says that more travelers are looking for an authentic or educational experience on their vacation. Think making wine instead of simply touring a winery.
- On Board: Many travelers are opting to stay on-board cruise ships rather than explore the ports they visit thanks to an ever-increasing number of amenities offered on the ship.
- Park It: This year, the National Park Service will celebrate its 100th birthday. As part of the celebration, the National Park Service will offer 16 free days in 2016, making it a great year to visit and enjoy recreational activities or learn about conservation and historic preservation efforts.
Vacation Home Rentals for Spring Break
Ready to book that vacation home on the beach or cabin on the lake this spring? Rent It Today can help! The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can help connect you with vacation rental homes across the country. Check out our available listings today at www.rentittoday.com!