Have papers, filing folders, and boxes taken over your small business or home office? I know the feeling. Fortunately, there is an easy and inexpensive way to reduce clutter, keep you organized, and protect your information. Below, we’ve shared several benefits of using a document scanner, courtesy of Andrew Lenardon for Shred-It.
- Frees up space: Eliminate the need for bulky filing cabinets and boxes and scan and save your documents instead.
- Saves money: Cut storage costs for file cabinets, folders, space, etc. by using a document scanner.
- Supports compliance: When cleaning up files, take the time to make sure your document storage and destruction policies adhere to privacy laws.
- Simplifies employees’ jobs: Digital information can be pulled on demand compared to the time spent digging through paper files.
- Easier handling of information: It’s easier to access scanned files rather than physically going through paper files.
- Better security: Lenardon says that digital archiving is a more secure way of storing, organizing, and sharing documents.
- Better overall control: Businesses can keep better track of records by using an archiving program that logs who attempts to access a file.
- Business continuity, no matter what: Statistics suggest that 70% of businesses would fail within a few weeks if paper records were lost in a fire, flood, or other disaster.
- Preservation: Digital files will last longer than paper.
Use RentScan for All of Your Document Scanning Needs
RentScan is a provider of high-quality, high-speed document scanner rentals nationwide. No document imaging scanning project is too big or too small. The company rents high-speed scanners by top manufacturers like Fujitsu at affordable monthly rates. Document scanner rentals from RentScan are perfect for government offices, schools, and more. Visit www.rentittoday.com to find document scanner rentals nationwide.