One of the best things about summer is being able to hang out outdoors. Whether you are hosting a backyard barbeque, throwing a pool party or huddling around the fire pit with friends, being outdoors is the place to be. While it’s great to have a good time, it’s also great to have a safe time. To help make sure you and your guests have fun this summer, we’ve shared a few tips from OuMidland.com below. Happy Summer!
- Make sure to always use grills outside in a well-ventilated area and station them away from the home, deck railings, and low hanging tree branches or plants.
- Make sure to never leave a grill unattended.
- Remember to keep the grill clean by removing grease and fat buildup and clean or replace any tray that sit below the grill and collect food waste, oil, and other debris.
- Store propane tanks upright and in a temperature-controlled area.
- When transporting a tank, make sure the valve is closed and that there is a cap or plug over the valve cover. Also, make sure the tank is upright and secured, even if empty.
Fire Pit Tips
- Pits should be at least 10 feet away from any structure or combustible surface.
- Always be sure to burn dry, seasoned wood that was cut at least six months earlier.
- To prevent sparks, keep the logs no longer than three-quarters of the diameter of the pit.
- Don’t use gasoline, lighter fluid or kerosene when starting the fire. Use a newspaper or fire starter instead.
- Don’t burn in windy conditions and know the burn ordinances or bans in your area.
- Keep a bucket of sand, fire extinguisher or garden hose nearby in case the fire gets out our control.
Rent Tools to Build Your Very Own BBQ Fire Pit
Thinking about installing a backyard patio or building a fire pit but need the proper equipment? Rent It Today can help! The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can connect with you with tool rental providers in your area. From electric chainsaws and tillers to trimmer and aerators, Rent It Today can help you get the equipment you need to beautify your backyard. For more information, visit www.rentittoday.com!