In just over a month, another football season will come to an end. In early February, millions of Americans across the country will huddle around television sets to watch the biggest sporting event of the year – and plenty of commercials. Want to host this year’s watch party but don’t have much to spend on the big bash? No worries. Below, we’ve summarized a list of tips from the CommunityTable.com by Parade to throw a Super Bowl party on a budget. Enjoy!
- Use coupons and buy on sale: Clip coupons in the paper or look for them online. Try to combine coupon savings with sale prices on specific party items.
- Buy in bulk to save the most: If you have a warehouse club membership and can buy what you need for the party at a lower price because you’re buying in bulk, do it.
- Make your party menu with next week’s dinner in mind: You can save even more money by using the leftovers from your party to prepare dinners for your family the following week. You might also want to think about stocking up on staples that are on sale such as ground beef.
- Avoid convenience to keep costs down: Sure, it’s easier to buy vegetables and fruits that are pre-cut, but you can save more money by buying them in bulk and cutting them yourself.
- Go with one-dish wonders: Use your Crock Pot to cook up some simple but popular items such as macaroni and cheese or chili. Then, add an inexpensive fixings bar to let folks dress up their dish anyway they’d like. The fact is, limiting the number of dishes will drastically cut your food budget.
- Think potluck: Keep food costs low by asking guests to bring their own favorite dish to the party.
Find Party Planning Services Through Rent It Today
The Super Bowl is right around the corner. Don’t wait until the last minute to plan the perfect Super Bowl football party. Visit Rent It Today’s Party Rental page to locate a variety of party supply rentals in your area. Catering equipment, grills, drink machines, tables, chairs and more can be found through Rent It Today.