So, you’ve been asked to lead the fundraising efforts for your child’s eighth grade class trip to Washington D.C. Now what? Sure, you could have your child peddle candy bars or magazine subscriptions or popcorn in front of the neighborhood grocery or even door-to-door, but it seems like every kid is selling something these days. No, to raise the thousands it will take to send the class to the nation’s capital, you’re going to have to think bigger. Think…Vegas. That’s right. To put a little “fun” in fundraiser, consider organizing a casino night for parents, alumni, school staff, and donors.
Not sure how to pull it off? Here are a list of tips to help you plan the perfect casino night fundraiser, courtesy of eHow.
- Set a budget. Determine if you have enough money to bring in a professional casino theme party to set up and operate the tables. You can also ask for individual or corporate sponsorships to cover the expense.
- Get volunteers. Don’t try to do this on your own. Recruit people – parents, teachers, friends, neighbor, etc. – who have an interest in your organization to help you.
- Research the laws in your jurisdiction. A permit may be required to hold a casino event, even if it’s for charity.
- Rent the game tables if you don’t plan on hiring the casino theme party company.
- Select the types of moneymaking activities. A live or silent action, raffles, and poker tournaments are all good ideas. A cash bar is also an option.
- Sell tickets to attend the event and set the ticket price high enough to cover all expenses.
- Advertise your event in the school’s newsletter and by e-mail. Social media is also a great (and cost effective) way to advertise. You might also want to write a press release and distribute it to local media outlets.
Where to Rent Casino Party Services in Cincinnati
To find Cincinnati, Ohio and Northern KY casino party and equipment providers, please click here.
Throwing a casino theme party or fundraiser in the Cincinnati area? Don’t go with a second-rate company. The area’s premier casino theme party and photo station provider, Premier Casino Events offers a variety of games and party services to help take your event to another level. From traditional casino games such as black jack, roulette, craps, and slots to Texas Hold’em, Premier Casino Events has everything you need to keep your guests entertained all night long. For more information, visit the company’s website.