Whether you are planning an outdoor wedding, a launch party, or an elegant fundraiser, the furniture you choose should not only be functional but should help tie the design and details of the event together. To help you stay up on the latest trends, the folks at Meetings & Conventions spoke with several professionals in the industry and compiled a list of the top 10 trends in event furniture for 2014. We’ve shared snippets from their list below.
- Vintage vogue – Vintage furniture, such as Edwardian couches and mid-20th-century styles, is “changing the rental landscape,” according to one expert. For vintage-looking pieces for your social or corporate events, check out AFR and Taylor Creative.
- Bare naked wood – According to rental firms and event pros, elegant wooden tables and chairs without linens or embellishments are a top request.
- Pop-up pub – For a sophisticated look for dining areas, the pros suggest trendy restaurant and pub furniture such as sleek wooden tables and tall metal chairs or stools.
- Mirror, mirror – Another top trend for 2014 are glamorous mirrored tables which add “the perfect polish to upscale seated events.”
- Gatsby glamour – Tufted seating and refined club-look tables influenced by The Great Gatsby era of the late 1920’s can provide the perfect ambiance for today’s events.
- Modern modular – Consider modular furniture with interchangeable pieces that can be adapted to fit a variety of spaces for lounge areas and receptions.
- Lawn furniture – According to one expert, furniture covered in AstroTurf, used indoors or outside, reflects the green trend in meetings and events.
- Cool white – One trend that seems to have some staying power is the use of white-on-white furniture including dining tables and chairs.
- Comfy chairs – The new “it” chair for banquets is the Chandelle which is available in a variety of colors and cushioned with comfortable padded seats.
- Bright now – Bright jewel-like colors such as ruby, sapphire, turquoise, and amethyst, are everywhere and “add a pop to receptions and meals.”
RIT is Your Source for Rental Event Supplies
Throwing a big soiree? Let Rent It Today help! Whether you are looking for a tent rental or tables and chairs, Rent It Today is your go-to source for event supplies and equipment. The most comprehensive rental resource online, Rent It Today can help connect you with rental companies across the country. For more information or to browse available listings, visit www.rentittoday.com!