The days of summer are circling the drain. Like the field party scene in 1993′s cult classic, “Dazed and Confused,” the beer kegs are running dry but that doesn’t mean the party has to end. If you’re looking for a last stop for outdoor concerts, these outdoor festivals will provide the good times you need this Labor Day weekend.
- Bumbershoot (Seattle) – Celebrating its 43rd year, Bumbershoot is set to host the best in music, film, comedy, and more. There’s plenty of elbow room for concert goers at the 74-acre spread of land at Seattle Center in the shadow of the Space Needle. Death Cab For Cutie, Fun., Heart, MGMT, and The Animals are among the eclectic lineup this year that appeals to all age groups. If you’re looking for a place to crash, read up on locating area apartment/condo rentals. There’s several places to grab a bite to eat with vegan and gluten-free menu options at various concession stands. Be sure to visit the Indie Market where entrepreneurial spirit of homemade goods lives.
- Budweiser Made in America Fest (Philadelphia) – Probably the pick of the bunch, the Made in America Fest boasts a top-shelf list of performers including Beyonce, Nine Inch Nails, Deadmau 5, Public Enemy, Wiz Khalifa, and Queens of the Stone Age. The number of available tickets have jumped to 60,000, which reflects the festivals growing popularity after last year. Philly.com details the specific changes to this years events here.
- Verizon Wireless American Music Fest (Virginia Beach) – You really can’t beat a good concert on the beach. Now in its 20th year, the Verizon Wireless Music Festival is set to take place over the three day weekend. Over 30 bands from multiple genres will hit the oceanfront for the largest outdoor music festival on the east coast. Third Eye Blind, Barenaked Ladies, and Daughtry are among the headline bands. If you’re feeling like hitting the waves while in town, check out our surf board rentals and Moneysworth Beach Equipment Rentals for your beach gear.
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass Festival (Snowmass Village) – This world-class Colorado music festival takes place 15 miles northwest of Aspen in Snowmass Town Park. With two stages and artists such as Jason Mraz, Keith Urban, and Journey making appearances, there’s something for everybody. If the Rocky Mountain air lures you into staying a few extra days, check out these cabin rentals in the Aspen, Colorado area.
- North Coast Music Festival (Chicago) – Passion Pit, Wu-Tang Clan, AfroJack, and MacMiller will be rocking Union Park this year in Chi-Town. This event will allow everyone the chance at the limelight by letting fans express themselves artistically through different contests, including poster and hula hoop competitions. And the party doesn’t end just because the show has. There will be several after parties available to fans at the conclusion of the show. For more information, visit North Coast Music Festival’s webpage here. If you want to stay for awhile, and get a greater glimpse of the area, check out some of our favorite Windy City activities!