Compression Pumps Description
Billings Medical Equipment Rentals - Lymphedema Compression Pumps For Rent - Montana Medical Supplies:
Lymphedema Compression Pump Rentals in Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Helena, Montana.
This Rental item is for the Lymphedema Compression PUMP only. We cannot provide the garment because of sanitation reasons. Please provide either your own garment or you can order one with the rental order on our website and it is yours to keep.
The Flowtron Hydroven™ 3 System offers the flexibility to be used with single (Hydroven™ 1) or three chamber (Hydroven™ 3) garments. This simple to use, lightweight pump with preset cycles and adjustable pressure settings for individual comfort makes the Flowtron Hydroven™ 3 ideal for providing safe and effective compression therapy in the home as well as the clinic.
Flowtron Hydroven™ 3 - Clinical Features:
Benefits of IPC:
Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) therapy is designed to assist blood and fluid flow which has been inhibited by impairment or injury. By applying compression to a limb via specially designed garments, blood flow is increased and extracellular fluid is cleared. IPC mimics the natural physiological mechanisms of the pumping action of muscles to return fluid back into the vascular and lymphatic systems. IPC is safe, non-invasive and simple to use.
Flowtron Hydroven Therapy Systems are designed to treat a wide variety of vascular or lymphatic conditions including venous ulceration, localised oedema following trauma, dependent oedema, lyphoedema, muscle wasting or weakness and fixed flexion deformities.
Natural physiological process:
The available evidence suggests that the potential benefits of IPC therapy includes its non- invasive nature, its ability to be applied by patients or their carers, its safety and comfort and its long term cost saving both in materials and nursing time (Vowden 2001).
Patients who are involved in a healthcare decisions and understand what is happening to take a greater degree of ownership and responsibilty for their treatment and care . IPC allowes the patient to regain control of their treatment, giving them a sense of involvement whilst releasing healthcare resources and carers time
Flowtron Hydroven Systems offer patients gentle and effective compression whch is easier to apply and better tolerated than compression bandaging, yet produces equally effective results (Rowland 2000).
Protocol For Use:
* IPC is particularly effective when used in non- obstructive oedemas such as immobility, venous incompetence, lymphovenous stasis and hypoproteinaemia
* In obstructive lymphoedema, the patient or therapist should perform simple lymphatic drainage (SLD) or manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) prior to use to stimulate lymphatic flow from the adjacent truncal areas
Source: Bray T and Barrett J (2000) Pneumatic compression therapy. In Lymphoedema. Edited by Twycross R, Jenns K and Todd J, Radcliffe Medical Press: 236 – 243
Flowtron Hydroven Therapy Systems should not be used in the following conditions:
* Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism, thrombophlebitis and acute infections of the skin such as cellulitis
* Decompensated / severe congestive cardiac failure, pulmonary oedema associated with significant limb oedema or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental
* Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischaemic vascular disease
* Active metastatic disease affecting the limb
IPC should be used with care in patients with the following symptoms or conditions:
* Peripheral neuropathy, pain or numbness in the limb
* Undiagnosed, untreated or infected wounds, fragile skin, grafts or dermatological conditions that may be aggravated by the garment
* Extreme limb deformity which may practically impede the correct application of the garment
Flowtron Hydroven™ 3 - Clinical Specifications: Technical Specification
Durable medical equipment rentals in Billings, MT. Southern Medical Distributors serves the independent durable medical equipment dealers, healthcare facilities, veteran affairs, hospitals, schools, retail consumers, rental and warranty customers anywhere in the nation. They are a nation wide rental provider of mobility scooters, wheelchairs, hospital beds, patient lifts, as well as respiratory systems such as oxygen concentrator rentals, portable oxygen and cpap rental machines and more. Southern Medical Distributors offers durable medical equipment rentals, physical therapy equipment and healthcare supplies, as well as disability and handicap supplies for post surgery and acute injury recovery equipment in Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Butte-Silver Bow , Bozeman, Helena, Kalispell, Havre, Anaconda-Deer Lodge and all of Montana, and throughout the United States.
For additional information you can view this item at Go Soulthern MD - Billings or you can use the contact form below.